Welcome to ACQUIN (Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute)!
ACQUIN was founded in the year 2001 as a consequence of the Bologna process and the upcoming need for assuring the quality of newly introduced undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Germany. ACQUIN is a member-based, non-profit organisation located in the South-East of Germany. The Institute operates under the licence of the German Accreditation Council and is thus empowered to award its quality seal to study programmes which have successfully undergone accreditation. ACQUIN was reaccredited by the German Accreditation Council until 30th of September 2011.
Our agency is highly committed to quality and excellence in all its activities:
- Accreditation of German Bachelor and Master study programmes
- Accreditation in all subject fields based on the expertise of our Standing Expert Committee members
- Evaluation and accreditation of selected international study programmes
- International cooperation and networking
- Projects and workshops with national and international partners
- development of new quality assurance methods
- Pilot project "process quality in teaching and learning"